The beautiful and diverse city of San Antonio recently earned the distinction of Best City in Texas by Southern Living magazine – and with good reason! The city’s thriving arts scene, healthy business climate and ample recreational activities are just a few of the many reasons San Antonio is a great place to visit or call home.
According to Southern Living, San Antonio makes the perfect getaway, but what makes the city so inviting to out-of-towners are the same features that make “River City” a great place to live year-round. Residents and visitors alike can enjoy strolling along the famed River Walk, stopping for a bite or a sip at one of the popular eateries, or exploring the town’s rich history at one of the many notable historical sites. The Alamo, Texas’ top tourist attraction, is situated in downtown San Antonio.
For those considering making a permanent move, San Antonio offers a low unemployment rate, reasonable home prices and a variety of great neighborhoods and schools. Employment opportunities can most likely be found in the city’s major industries – financial services, government, healthcare and tourism.
There is also a strong military presence in San Antonio, as it is home to several bases. Fort Sam Houston, Lackland Air Force Base, Randolph Air Force Base and Brooks City-Base are all located in the city. According to Sperling’s Best Places, San Antonio ranked fifth in a list of the best places for military retirees.
Here’s a look at some of the most recent available real estate stats for San Antonio:
- Average Listing Price: $261,275 (for week ending February 27, 2013)
- Median Sales Price: $79,001 (from December 2012 to February 2013, based on 161 home sales)
- Average Price Per Square Foot: $54
- Popular Neighborhoods: Dominion (avg. listing price $828,449) and Heritage (avg. listing price $98,250)
Source: Trulia.com (http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/San_Antonio-Texas/)
For more information on San Antonio, check out these online resources:
- Visit San Antonio: http://www.visitsanantonio.com/index.aspx
- San Antonio Board of Realtors: http://www.sabor.com/quick.php?s=clear
- Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce: http://www.sachamber.org/
Buying a home in San Antonio? Don’t forget to research current mortgage rates and explore home financing opportunities with The Decker Group. Call us today for a no-obligation rate quote: (972) 591-3097.
Comments are closed.